Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Fussy boys

Well, only one boy right now, but Franklin and Carlton do seem to tag-team me so that only one is fussy at a time, so there is not too much time when there is NO ONE fussing. Hans and I are making the mad dash to try to get to sleep while the sleeping is possible. Greta, Cora, and Carlton are asleep, but Franklin is still quite fussy. He had an extra bottle beyond Carlton (believe me, we tried to get Carlton to take that last bottle so he'd sleep longer!) and had three extra burps, but no luck. He's now sitting in a swing and I'm listening to the incessant lullaby song the swing plays. By the way, the boys had obviously arranged that yesterday was Carlton's fussy day and today was Franklin's. I suppose I shouldn't complain too much, though. They are only waking up once during the night now at just 14 weeks. They tend to get fussy around 5 p.m. and the "witching hours" continue until bedtime around 8 p.m. These days they usually sleep until about 3 or 4 a.m., which is pretty good! Of course, the doctors tell you that babies are STTN (sleeping through the night) if they sleep 6 hours. Not by MY definition! And, if they are up at 3, they usually wake up again around 6 or 6:30, which I consider still to be the middle of the night. Cora and Greta get up around 6:45 or 7, though, so there's no more sleeping once that happens. Oh, I miss the days when I could sleep in as late as my body would let me. 8, 9, 10.... Aaaahhhh! I thought I should post some pictures of happy boys (Carlton, left, and Franklin, right). And I should go move Mr. F. from the swing to the bed since he's been quiet for a little while now. Wish me luck!

No comments: